We are your "fitness superheroes" SUPER FIT DIVA and Paw–ready to EXPOSE, ATTACK and DEFEAT the "diet villains" in your life! In fact we were designed to teach and coach you through the entire MY DIVA DIET program and encourage you to take charge of your bodies as you wage war against the true diet enemies!
From time to time, we will EXPOSE a new "diet villain" and give you INFORMATION – NOTES – RULES.
This will help you attack and defeat them!
They say, "a picture is worth a thousand words"! Our illustrations (diet villains) are visual aids for you to see the effects of certain lifestyle habits (diet and exercise)! We want to make certain you take notice so you will be more empowered to conquer these malicious enemies and WIN the battle for health and fitness–to attain a lean, healthy, fit, and more functional body–for life.
FEATURED "diet villain"
POPS: Dehydration from drinking too little water and too many bad fluids like soda and other sugary drinks.
Water is essential for life–it makes up about two-thirds of a person's body weight and is the second most important nutrient next to oxygen. We can live without food for weeks, but only a few days without water. Drinking plenty of water stand alone as the best thing you can do for your body.
- Water is critical to good health.
- Water is necessary for nearly every bodily function, including circulation, digestion, absorption, excretion, and nutrient distribution to all cells.
- Adequate amounts of water are vital to lung function; mitigate high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, obesity, diabetes, asthma, gastrointestinal problems, hiatal hernias, headaches, angina, allergies, and constipation; prevent kidney stones; and slow aging.
- Lack of water can affect our weight-loss efforts.
- Most of us retain water because we do not drink enough water.
- We mistake thirst for hunger, so we eat instead of drinking water.
- Dehydration not only has health consequences but also affects our mood and can make us lethargic, making it impossible to exercise and eat correctly.
- Thirst cannot always be relied on as the best indicator of water requirements. If you're thirsty, you're probably already dehydrated.
- Supply your body with enough water each day and you will reap the rewards of health, vitality, energy, great skin, appetite control, reduced fat and bloating, and much more.
- Drink an average of eight to ten cups of water each day (depending on your body weight).
- You may need more water if you are exercising, drinking coffee or other caffeinated drinks, taking medications, and/or consuming alcohol.
- It's best to drink room-temperature water–iced water can delay digestion if consumed with a meal.
Drinking bottled water is probably better than drinking tap water.
Another option is tap-water filtering system, which is less expensive than bottled water.
In previous posts we have exposed three of the 18 "diet villains" found in MY DIVA DIET: A Woman's Last Diet Book. Here is a recap.
- Dr. Pill: Using and pushing diet and weight-loss drugs.
- Nurse Gimmick: Using every "quick-fix" diet plan and gimmick weight-loss diet book, program, and product.
- George Gotta Go: Exercising obsessively, using steroids and other performance enhancing drugs, and abusing so-called "body-altering" drugs, whether synthetic or natural.
To learn more about the 18 "diet villains" check out our website www.MyDivaDiet.com.
You can also take our 32 Question Diva Diet Quiz.
Stay tuned for our next featured "diet villain"!
Until then E.C.L. Empower–Challenge–Legacy
Super Fit Diva and Paw