Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Lakatos: West Coast East Coast


I've been waiting a long time to write this blog, but first I wanted to complete my review for Blog Critics of a diet book called, Fire Up Your Metabolism:  9 Proven Principles for Burning Fat and Losing Weight Forever. The authors, Lyssie Lakatos and Tammy Lakatos Shame, are registered dieticians, nutritionists, personal trainers, and identical twins.  


Tammy Lakatos Shames and Elysse ("Lyssie") Lakatos share more than identical features; they share identical success in the competitive field of nutrition and wellness. In 1997 Lyssie and Tammy (known as The Nutrition Twins®) co-founded Healthy Happenings Corporation whose mission is to better the health of its clients through improved nutrition and lifestyle/behavior modification. Since relocating from Atlanta, Georgia, the twins have built a successful private practice in New York City servicing both individual and corporate clients such as AOL-Time Warner and Colgate Palmolive.
So why a blog about The Nutrition Twins? Registered trademark–I want one of those!  Well, they have the same last name as me–LAKATOS and there is a story to tell!  

If you have read any of my personal blogs, you would know that I like to tell stories on how the MY DIVA DIET mission spreads. This story starts with my childhood.  



When I was three-years-old my mother died in a car accident (she was only 23) and my father decided he didn't want me.  So I was "adopted"!  Here's my mom when she was Ms. Military -- guess 
it runs in the family!



That being said, it has caused me a lot of hardship and long-term issues, some of which I have resolved through counseling and via my "real" (born again) conversion to Christianity in 1996.  

In my teen years, I truly wanted to find my father (photo to the left when he was in the Air Force in 1962) and briefly set out to do that with no avail. As time has past and with the birth of my two wonderful daughters, I created my own family and my search for 
"the dad I never had" has become less important.  











Fast forward to 2008:  I was about to write my first diet book and during my research I purchased and reviewed many diet books.  One of those books was "Skinny Bitch" which, unbeknownst to me, was a best seller.  At some point I will review the "Skinny Bitch" diet book.  As I read the aknowledgements I noticed that the authors, Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin, had made this statement  
"It is with utmost gratitude that we thank Lyssie Lakatos and Tammy Lakatos-Shames..."

Most would of just thought "that's nice", but not me–my thought was, "since they have the same last name as me (which is not that common) are they my long lost relatives?" So true to my inquisitive nature, I contacted them via e-mail to find out.  Long story short, we are NOT related! But that's okay because they are one of the nicest women I have ever met in the fitness world!  


In the meantime, during our correspondence I found out that we have a lot in common other than our last name–ACE certified fitness trainers and authors of a diet book.  After the completion of my diet book I sent them a copy to get their professional opinion which you can find on my website–MY DIVA DIET Expert Reviews.  In fact they allowed me to put their photo on my website as a lead in to all of the reviews for MY DIVA DIET:  A Woman's Last Diet 
Book.  





Which is the first in a series of 4: 
  • My Diva Diet:  A Woman's Last Diet Book
  • My Diva Diet:  Maintenance 
  • My Diva Diet:  Exercise Program
  • My Diva Diet: Gets Ripped” (ultra lean Divas)
Soon to come -- MY DIVA DIET Products: 
  • Diva Playing Cards (52 deck playing cards) - featuring “Restaurant Dining Tips”.
  • Pocket Meal Cards (in a 2-ring 5”x3” holder) - Diva Reduction Meals and Diva Maintenance Meals.
  • “Fit Meals in Minutes” - Diva Recipes Cards with Diva Recipe Card Holder.
And my most prized vision:  
  • “SUPER DIVA and Paw” - Animated series, video game, book and merchandising for children using the MY DIVA DIET superhero theme--to entertain, educate and motivate children toward a healthier lifestyle! 
But let's get back to The Lakatos Twins -- my new friends in the mission to educate and empower the WORLD to be healthy, fit, lean, more energetic, vibrant and alive–for life!  




Here is an excerpt:  
So when you find a diet book that is authentic (one that works and is based on sound nutrition), its significance can't be ignored. Fire Up Your Metabolism: 9 Proven Principles for Burning Fat and Losing Weight Forever, is such a diet book.
They provide and prove nine principles that will speed up your metabolism.

“9 Principles to Speed up Your Metabolism”
  1. 1. Never skip meals
  2. 2. Eat at the right times
  3. 3. Choose a diet rich in the best carbs
  4. 4. Appropriately time intake of lean proteins
  5. 5. Drink appropriate amounts of certain beverages at specific times
  6. 6. Eat a diet low in bad fat
  7. 7. Get enough sleep every night
  8. 8. Find surprising ways to stay active
  9. 9. Incorporate muscle strengthening in your exercise routine
I'm sure you will "fire up" your metabolism, as well as your fitness, health, energy, knowledge, drive, and confidence and you'll end up looking and feeling your best with this genuine diet book.
When you have a Lakatos--on each coast of the United States (I on the West Coast and The Nutrition Twins on the East Coast) the "get fit the right and lasting way" message will get out, and we will make a difference!

My utmost gratitude and respect for Lyssie and Tammy!



No comments:

Post a Comment